The l3experimental packages are a collection of experimental implementations for aspects of the LaTeX3 kernel, dealing with higher-level ideas such as the Designer Interface. Some of them work as stand alone packages, providing new functionality, and can be used on top of LaTeX2e with no changes to the existing kernel.
The present release includes:
- xgalley, which controls boxes receiving text for typesetting.
- l3regex: kernel support for regular expression search and replace operations;
- l3sort: kernel support for sorting sequences, token lists or comma-lists, according to user-specified comparison criteria;
- l3str: kernel support for string manipulation;
- l3tl-build: kernel support for token list building;
- l3tl_analysis: kernel support for token list analysis; and xcoffins, which allows the alignment of boxes using a series of ‘handle’ positions, supplementing the simple TeX reference point.
The bundle on CTAN is based on a snapshot of the SVN repository on 2013-10-11.
The author is The LaTeX Team. The package is Copyright © 2012-2015 The LaTeX3 Project.
License: lppl1.3 Version: SVN 5700 Catalogued: 2015-08-03