Here are a few assorted things that the FlightGear project needs (or
wants.) This is just a starting point to get people thinking. If you have
other good ideas to add to this list, please feel free to submit them.
- FlightGear supports the ability to create a variety of aircraft
including flight dynamics, custom 3d (external) visual models,
custom instrument panels, and custom sounds. We need more people
creating their favorite aircraft in FlightGear.
- FlightGear can place custom objects anywhere in the scene and
we now have a central database of custom objects and a library of
standard objects along with their placement around the world. We
need people to model their favorite land marks and submit them to
the central database.
- We need a good landing light implementation.
- Our 3d volumetric clouds need better integration with our live
- Gas turbine engines. Right now effort has been concentrated on
modeling piston engines. We need someone to put the same
amount of effort in modeling gas turbine engines so we can
begin to model the higher performance 'modern' jets.
- Other sims can play random radio chatter in the background. This
would be an easy feature to add if someone would take the time
to record a set of radio chatter snippets in wav format.