- Goran, W.D., Dvorak, W.E., Van Warren, L. and Webster, R.D., 1983, Fort Hood Geographic Information System: Pilot System Development and User Instructions, Technical Report N-154, USA Construction Engineering Research Laboratory, Champaign, IL.
- Testing Guidelines for GRASS Ports and Drivers. January 1989
- GRASS/GIS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System/Geographic Information System): Implementation Guide. October 1989
- Predicting Database Requirements for Geographic Information Systems in the Year 2000: Long-Term Design Issues for GRASS. August 1992
- Large collection of GRASS GIS documents from 1982-1995
- GRASSClippings 1992 2
- GRASSClippings 1992 3
- GRASSClippings 1993
- The Future of GRASS?
The GRASS Story VideoWatch the video (high resolution, USA CERL, 1987) (old MOV format)
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Engineering Research Laboratory produced this video to explain basic concepts and potential applications of geographic information systems to land managers at Army installations. Although the GRASS GIS is mentioned, the overall presentation of GIS topics is fairly generic. The video present a good, basic introduction to GIS that makes reference to GRASS (GRASS-GIS).
The GRASS Newsletter (2004-2006)
The GRASS Newsletter seeks to bridge the gap between scientific publications and manuals on the one hand and the GRASS mailing lists on the other hand. Articles do not provide the same depth required by scientific journals, but also reach beyond the usual question-answer structure of a mailing list. The benign review process ensures the quality of contributions. Furthermore, the newsletter provides a useful forum to present new modules accompanied by brief explantations.
The GRASS Newsletter has been merged into the new OSGeo Journal - please see below for previous issues of GRASS-News and the OSGeo Journal homepage for new issues of the new OSGeo Journal.
- GRASS Newsletter vol. 1 (August 2004)
PDF (2 MB) | Bibtex file
- GRASS Newsletter vol. 2 (January 2005)
PDF (400 KB) | Bibtex file
- GRASS Newsletter vol. 3 (June 2005)
PDF (1 MB) | Erratum 1/2006 | Bibtex file
- Combined GRASS/OSGeo Newsletter vol. 4 (December 2006)
PDF (OSGeo server) (5.3 MB) | PDF (GRASS server) (5.3 MB) | Erratum 4/2006 | Bibtex file
- Editorial Board:
- Paul Kelly, Markus Neteler and Martin Wegmann
- Martin Wegmann
- Editor News section/Publication section:
- Andrew Davidson
- Language Editor:
- Andrey Mitas
- Web page Administrator:
- Dylan Beaudette
We would like to acknowledge the R News editorial board of the R-project, for without their contribution of the R news *.tex and *.sty file the GRASS newsletter would have taken much more time to reach the current level.